Wednesday, July 18, 2007

First Game: March 24th 8:15 - 10:45pm

Amy – pink
Sheldon – yellow
Phill – red
Chris G – blue
Andy Mac – black

The game starts out as any game does, with the generals assuming control of regions of choice. MiMi sets up shop in Africa, Sheldon has good control over south America,
Chris has an impressive force in Asia, Andy Mac sticks to the home tuff in North America, while I have a rather poor start with parts of Australia and Europe.

Sheldon Starts off very strong with a complete hold over South America, Chris increases his land in Asia AND Andy Mac is frightenly close to dominating North America.

In the first couple rounds MiMi is pummeled from all sides, leaving her army greatly diminished.

I had a hard time gaining any ground while Chris continued to tighten his grip over the Asian continent and Andy Mac’s power grows.

During the next round Sheldon faces assault from multiple fronts and is reduced to a minor force on the globe.

Meanwhile I have taken over all of Europe, but loose it before my next turn, missing out of the Army bonus, shortly after I am pushed from Europe Entirely.

At just 1 hour into the campaign Sheldon is eliminated. All his resources were spent battling back and forth for South America.

Unfortunately after my banishment from Europe I am forced to attempt to regroup in Australia and get sucked into a constant back and forth Battle for the diminutive continent with the pink Army. After a great deal of loses, Mimi is eliminated and I finally have a continent to call my own.

In the last few turns Andy Mac has lashed out at the world and now controls north and south America, Africa and Europe and Chris controls all but 2 Asian territories.

At this point I knew there was no way I could win, but merely prolong the war by slowing Andy Mac’s dominance of the world. I placed all of the men I could muster on Siam. I pushed through India and broke a hole in the European stronghold, continued on my way through the uppermost African borders and down to Brazil and into Central America. Effectively preventing Andy Mac from receiving an additional 15 armies on top his various
trade-ins

After depleting my Armies I was left with little left and open to assault from Chris maintains a strong presence in Asia.
On his next turn Andy Mac is able to push all the way back through the red line, regaining his hold on 4 continents, albeit with a large number less armies.

Before his next turn Chris is assailed from both sides by Andy Mac and myself in a bid for allegiance, Chris essentially being able to decided who is eliminated next during his turn after a massive army card trade in.

Unfortunately having gone to grade school together beats out simply being friends and Andrew wins the allegiance. Chris makes short work of my remaining armies but is unable to do much against Andy Mac Masses and ends his turn.

Andrew begins his turn in control of most of the world and ends it with all of it under his large Fist.

The game is over, the world is won. Time…a heated battle for world domination and a fitting start to the “as often as possible risk: supreme ruler of all the world event”

Congratulations to Andy “Black Death” Mac.

Unfortunately I did not yet have a trophy to present. But I will for the next game I Promise….whenever the hell that will be.

No comments: